Thursday 9 August 2012

40 nights in Paris

I took the plunge today and booked a trip to Paris.

This has come somewhat out of the blue, but I think that makes it all the more exciting. I'm still pinching myself. I'll be leaving for my favourite city in the world in exactly four weeks.

To celebrate the occasion, I have dragged out my old French blog from the dusty relics of cyberspace. If you're wondering what's up with the name, you can read about it here. I'm really looking forward to writing a travel blog again and I hope that people enjoy it... especially with pictures!!

In case you wonder what I look like in France, here is a picture from my previous trip in April-May 2011:

This is how I roll in Paris...

In case you're wondering what that thing in the background is, here is a closer picture: 

Oh, the things you'll see! 

Once again I'm going to be taking things fairly easily on my trip, so I'll have plenty of time to write. I do have a few tourist-goals that I hope to fulfil as the tourist season ends and the queues diminish. I'd like to climb the Eiffel tower again and I'm yet to visit les Catacombs, le Musée de l'Orangerie and Monet's gardens. 

I also have a personal goal. When I was last in Paris, I found, to my delight, that we Aussies have a promenade named after us there. I really think that it needs a furry little clip-on koala attached to it... Thoughts?

Crying out for some tacky Australiana! Watch this space...

That's all for now. I need to start getting fit and practising my French. 

À bientôt!

Elle xo

No comments:

Post a Comment